Skip to main content

Lingering thoughts and up-dates.


It’s good to be home.The familiar sounds of the morning and my mother’s voice excitedly waking us up with a warm cup of tea to be a part of the moment,the solar eclipse.My brother’s been all over the compound looking for the best view of the thing to come.Dad’s busy with his chicken even this early in the morning.Sherry,the tibetain apso looking like my puppy Bead in the foopets ,after a much needed hair-cut ,tilts his head ,whines and cuddles up to me.Monu,my mom’s girl Friday’s daughter is cooing in her crib.’Here it is’- my mom declares,beyond the over-cast skies suddenly it is night again.There is silence ,absolute silence , the nature is itself paying homage to this once in a life-time affair.

This is my mom ,always involved with wonder in every occasion in our lives.She was describing the two cobras who had been walking the grounds.They have been apparently flourishing and have become so sure of themselves that they walk around the garden bobbing their heads in utter abandon in stately walks regardless of the fact that human beings are around.

I love the mornings at home.Dad, having his quiet time on the verandah ,mom ,happy and relaxed taking her time out to be with her flowers-the hands, at it cleaning ,sweeping ,and snipping-my brother,with the tea in hand and the newspaper in the other ,walking around looking for that funny tryst that could very well haunt us for the rest of the day.I sip my Darjeeling in leisure,soaking it all ,just resting.

Yesterday my little neice received a phone-call from home in Sydney.she looked a little sad and pre-occupied so I asked her if everything was all right?Her nan apparently had been diagnosed to have ca of the tongue with lymph node involvement and needed a radical dissection.She would lose two-thirds of her tongue.

I have met nan briefly when I went to be with my sister when she was in Delhi..Nan,of the golden tongue,eloquent to the hilt-her conversation ,descriptive ,gripping and beautiful.You could listen to her language and expressions forever .It’s like reading and living a well-written book –rich ,classy and tasteful.She is eighty and has led a fruitful life and is so important a part of the three children’s life.How do you share their pain?I asked her if she had said her prayers-she said she had and she lay down to sleep.

The youngest in the mean-time had typed out –‘I will lie down and sleep in peace for you O Lord make me dwell in safety- Psalms 4:8. goodnight facebook!- in the net.

Praise God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feet in the water.

  Fifteen days of earned leave after working for two years,I was praying in a house group prayer and worship and pleading with the Lord to show me something ,when it was not forthcoming I surrendered to the Lord and prayed let your will be done and then I saw the Lord walking up a winding road and deep in my spirit I knew He was calling me to follow Him .I did not know where to but I thanked the Lord and said yes. I have been living more in the unseen world than the seen world. Suddenly out of the blue I received a message from Dr Arpit asking me to replace them in Madhipura  for a  fortnight. I needed to go because things were getting a little intense and I needed sometime to step back and mull some things over. I had no idea why the Lord was taking me back to the old world of EHA , mission hospitals and friends from the yore. Travelling to Madhipura , I  continnued to ask the Lord, 'Why this road? I had no idea why I was going  where I was going.I am glad I came because I could r

night-hunting.

 Monda suggested  we go  hunting. Dressed up to beat the rains and the unpredictable weather we ventured out at night with the two Dawas. Annie had baked a cake for Rumpanol.It started  pouring in spurts but nothing could beat the enthusiasm.The junior Dawa was to drive us to a place around fifteen kilometres up the north Sikkim highway.We would come across three rivulets of sort where we could possibly find the edible frog.The senior Dawa was already at the spot making a pathway in the jungle for us to proceed. We reached the spot at around eight at night.in the pitch dark one could hear the sound of frogs of all variety and we started seeing quite a few but none of edible variety.We shuffled around in the rain with an umbrella,raincoat and torches like Nancy drew exploring the grasses and having eye contacts with stunned frogs which seemed to have lost the ability to run .The two boys did a Tarzen and was lost in the jungle with a sling bag ,a torch sans any cover from the rain.While

Thank you.

 After almost five months of struggling with the nitty gritties the dialysis unit opened last week. We were able to dialyse our set of first three patients over the last few days. So much of effort,dissapointments ,struggles,joys and most importantly prayers have gone into the venture.Many who will never see the fruit of their prayers have invested their prayers into it. The day it started with many apprehension I was praying at the early morning hour and put my head on the pillow to rest and then just as I was about to sleep I saw a vision of Jesus on His knees interceding.That is how much my Lord cares for us and this morning while listening to Alistair I realised that He deals with us like a father does a five year old .That is how He sees us. Lord Jesus ,you are the crown on my head and the only thing I can take pride in.