Skip to main content

Coming Home.

The flight back home was unusually tame and short.
I decided to take the KLM home.Got such cheap tickets that I had to doubt till I had checked in as to whether there was a catch.However there was a detour through Amsterdam.
The flight to Amsterdam was just forty minutes.Sandwitched between two gentleman ,one of whom had this terrible flu-I had a tough time trying to make sure that I don't get sneezed on for one final time in Europe.
The sandwich they served was made of wholewheat but the container took the cake.
Coloured earthy brown, it was full of information and the recipe for the dutch wholewheat bread.
I ate my sandwitch and much to the amusement of my co-travellers folded the container neatly and put it into my bag.I thought the concept was fascinating.
In the airport found my way to the lounge and looked into the shops to see what I could find.
Picked a few tulip bulbs for my parents and the tiny clogs ..and headed to check in.
The lounge was full of co-patriots.
There were two Caucasians .
There was a security call so the boarding was done twice.
I had a Sikh lady on the way home from Canada on one side and a young gentleman going home from Amsterdam on the other side who was struggling to tide off his habitual smoking and so was clinging on to the electronic cigarette.
Indians are Indians, before long all of us were pally enough to find the Sikh lady asking me for some toothpaste to freshen up.
I watched two movies back to back.
'Paul Scmidt ',which had sterling performances from Helen Mirren and Al Pacino and 'Argo' which swept the Oscars.
I also suffered through a documentary on' One Direction' and 'Eagles' before settling down for the comedies on television.
The choice of music on the flight was nothing to write home about and the only hindi flick was Talaash which incidentally I seem to have watched,must be on the flight into UK.
I reached Delhi at 1.30 AM ,it sunk me then why the ticket was so cheap.
I walked through the customs where they just waved me in for whatever reason to the pre-paid booth.
I had told my sister I would catch the taxi home.
She categorically told me not to take the black and white taxi but to take the radioed cab .I had told her I would call her up as soon as I landed so that my brother-in law could do the half an drive from Dwarka to pick me up.
Predictably my phone's charge conked off and I stubbornly headed for the pre-paid cab.
The driver was some typical village person from the heartlands I have always been so comfortable with most of my adult life.
Did I feel scared-no.
I felt absolutely at home.My heart just welled up with a compassion that is not my own and I knew I was home.
 

Comments

Jeevan said…
Welcome home. I'm in Delhi now. Attending an EHA meeting. Do call if you get time.
pixi said…
Thank you Jeevan,enroute home with the gorkhaland strike et al.
Will get in touch once I settle down.
Good to be back.

Popular posts from this blog

Feet in the water.

  Fifteen days of earned leave after working for two years,I was praying in a house group prayer and worship and pleading with the Lord to show me something ,when it was not forthcoming I surrendered to the Lord and prayed let your will be done and then I saw the Lord walking up a winding road and deep in my spirit I knew He was calling me to follow Him .I did not know where to but I thanked the Lord and said yes. I have been living more in the unseen world than the seen world. Suddenly out of the blue I received a message from Dr Arpit asking me to replace them in Madhipura  for a  fortnight. I needed to go because things were getting a little intense and I needed sometime to step back and mull some things over. I had no idea why the Lord was taking me back to the old world of EHA , mission hospitals and friends from the yore. Travelling to Madhipura , I  continnued to ask the Lord, 'Why this road? I had no idea why I was going  where I was going.I am glad I came because I could r

night-hunting.

 Monda suggested  we go  hunting. Dressed up to beat the rains and the unpredictable weather we ventured out at night with the two Dawas. Annie had baked a cake for Rumpanol.It started  pouring in spurts but nothing could beat the enthusiasm.The junior Dawa was to drive us to a place around fifteen kilometres up the north Sikkim highway.We would come across three rivulets of sort where we could possibly find the edible frog.The senior Dawa was already at the spot making a pathway in the jungle for us to proceed. We reached the spot at around eight at night.in the pitch dark one could hear the sound of frogs of all variety and we started seeing quite a few but none of edible variety.We shuffled around in the rain with an umbrella,raincoat and torches like Nancy drew exploring the grasses and having eye contacts with stunned frogs which seemed to have lost the ability to run .The two boys did a Tarzen and was lost in the jungle with a sling bag ,a torch sans any cover from the rain.While

Thank you.

 After almost five months of struggling with the nitty gritties the dialysis unit opened last week. We were able to dialyse our set of first three patients over the last few days. So much of effort,dissapointments ,struggles,joys and most importantly prayers have gone into the venture.Many who will never see the fruit of their prayers have invested their prayers into it. The day it started with many apprehension I was praying at the early morning hour and put my head on the pillow to rest and then just as I was about to sleep I saw a vision of Jesus on His knees interceding.That is how much my Lord cares for us and this morning while listening to Alistair I realised that He deals with us like a father does a five year old .That is how He sees us. Lord Jesus ,you are the crown on my head and the only thing I can take pride in.