Skip to main content

Looking at life with pastor Gary.

Spent a refreshing day with my friend Anu.I seem to have gone down 2 kgs on the scale with my lent resolutions.Played a game of chess with Ojasvi and walked the south bank of Thames,10 kms before I boarded the train back to Ashford.The church was hillsong in London,reached Dominion in time but was diverted to the theatre royal at covent garden where the church was scheduled.Just followed a whole host of teenagers and reached the church spot on time.
Pastor Gary was preaching and he went deeper with issues of life.
The preaching was with reference to Numbers 13 and 14.
Moses was given a task to lead a group of people out of slavery into promises of God.
Moving-ability to construct a better tomorrow than what we see today.
We are going to break through a few things and even if we don't we will die trying.
Moses had to lead a set of people who were used to being captives to a place of freedom-to the promised land.
12 people go in to the promised land,they get divided into two groups.Although both the group saw the samething their reading of the situation is very different.Minority read it the correct way and majority have a wrong interpretation.
Our prayer is that we will be in the minority who will be able to stick our heads out above the crowd against majority viewpoint which may be wrong.
The majority-fearful of the giants,we felt like grasshoppers,so like grasshoppers they will treat them ,because they felt that way.
The minority-Don't be afraid they are helpless prey for us,the Lord is with us.
Obstacles in life can be three types-
1)Deeper issues of life,
2)Living life,
3)Where we want to go.
Giants cause us to feel a certain way,we identify with it and it defines us.It puts a conflict in our identity and we put labels on ourselves and that is how we are identified.
Our dreams will be full of tough times,every mountain climbed will lead us closer to the dream.
When life becomes tough ,the danger is not that we give up but we give in.Those people want to go back to what is familiar,comfortable,path of least resistance.When we give up we start something new but when we give in we see the other side of the giant.
Why do we give in-
1)To please people-In Exodus chapter 18 Jethro gives Moses an advice about delegating the work to other leaders.
There are three criterias he chooses for the leaders regardless of the size of the group they are leading.
a)God fearing.
b)Honest.
c)Able(Skilled)-We need to develop our skills.People put a limit on us and we put a limit on ourself.The bible says we were created in God's image,there is no limit.
There are two ways to do things ,for youngsters-
1.They must do what they do really well.
2.They must do what they are told to do.
11)I just cannot fit anymore in my life.We minimise everything and do the minimum that is required of us.Everyone has 24 hours in a day.
When we set priorities in life,something becomes an enemy of something else.
Everything should be a number one priority in our life ,at different times different things need more attention.When we make everything our number one priority it pulls us against itself so the way to do it is to enlarge ourselves.It makes us a bigger person.We need to embrace the tension,it leads us to a bigger us.
111)Personal 'too hards'-We need to dig deep.Perhaps spend more time with God,read the bible more,pray harder.Offence should no longer affect your life.
More injury is wrought by people who take offence than the people who give it.
Forgive as Jesus forgave.
Personal victories are won when offence no longer rules us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feet in the water.

  Fifteen days of earned leave after working for two years,I was praying in a house group prayer and worship and pleading with the Lord to show me something ,when it was not forthcoming I surrendered to the Lord and prayed let your will be done and then I saw the Lord walking up a winding road and deep in my spirit I knew He was calling me to follow Him .I did not know where to but I thanked the Lord and said yes. I have been living more in the unseen world than the seen world. Suddenly out of the blue I received a message from Dr Arpit asking me to replace them in Madhipura  for a  fortnight. I needed to go because things were getting a little intense and I needed sometime to step back and mull some things over. I had no idea why the Lord was taking me back to the old world of EHA , mission hospitals and friends from the yore. Travelling to Madhipura , I  continnued to ask the Lord, 'Why this road? I had no idea why I was going  where I was going.I am glad I came because I could r

night-hunting.

 Monda suggested  we go  hunting. Dressed up to beat the rains and the unpredictable weather we ventured out at night with the two Dawas. Annie had baked a cake for Rumpanol.It started  pouring in spurts but nothing could beat the enthusiasm.The junior Dawa was to drive us to a place around fifteen kilometres up the north Sikkim highway.We would come across three rivulets of sort where we could possibly find the edible frog.The senior Dawa was already at the spot making a pathway in the jungle for us to proceed. We reached the spot at around eight at night.in the pitch dark one could hear the sound of frogs of all variety and we started seeing quite a few but none of edible variety.We shuffled around in the rain with an umbrella,raincoat and torches like Nancy drew exploring the grasses and having eye contacts with stunned frogs which seemed to have lost the ability to run .The two boys did a Tarzen and was lost in the jungle with a sling bag ,a torch sans any cover from the rain.While

Thank you.

 After almost five months of struggling with the nitty gritties the dialysis unit opened last week. We were able to dialyse our set of first three patients over the last few days. So much of effort,dissapointments ,struggles,joys and most importantly prayers have gone into the venture.Many who will never see the fruit of their prayers have invested their prayers into it. The day it started with many apprehension I was praying at the early morning hour and put my head on the pillow to rest and then just as I was about to sleep I saw a vision of Jesus on His knees interceding.That is how much my Lord cares for us and this morning while listening to Alistair I realised that He deals with us like a father does a five year old .That is how He sees us. Lord Jesus ,you are the crown on my head and the only thing I can take pride in.