Skip to main content

Thankyou Lord for the year that was.

 It has been sometime since I have blogged. I don't even remember how the whole of last year passed. While sitting for the prayer meeting with the ladies I suddenly realised that the last year I had broken so many barriers. Things I had cried to the Lord in prayer had come to pass quietly but surely. It has not been without drama but it was through sheer resolve and daily consecratiom  I walked the steps I never thought I could. I learnt to drive for one and then towards the last week had the distinction of breaking the panes of the car while backing. It hit the wall. Thank-fully no one was hurt. My wonderful family just said ,'It Happens'.

This year I adopted a male pig and a female pig .I sold the last year's pig for fourteen grands and five hundred.I  brought some brick to try and build an apartment but since the leading from the Lord was not to invest I invested the money in my eternal home I thank God for that.

Towards the year end I got the privellage to help Kanchi di with the delivary of a cow.The calf was out by eleven O'clock in the morning but when I came back after work at around four O clock,the placenta had not come out as yet and I could make out that Kanchi di was perplexed so I volunteered to help and donning a pair of gloves I took the placenta out by controlled cord traction.

This year I did a hysterectomy on a bleeding woman and saved her life somewhere in Bihar .I also took a coin out from a baby's oesophagus using a foley's catheter.

I had the  privellage to help out in Madhipura christian hospital and could also visit Fatehpur Christian Hospital,share the gospel there and pray with them.

In the work front the main milestone was starting a  dialysis unit in Mangan which by God's grace is running smoothely.

In the church I could start moving around a bit for the friday f ellowship and the  wednesday  prayer and could even attend the prayer time in the prayer tower which has been a great blessing.

In the  home-front my mother has been keeping well and my siblings have been taking turns being with her which is a great joy.

My cousins came in from Australia to visit their parents and I could spend a considerable time with them. My sister is coming over in February with my brother-in-law and I am looking forward to that with anticipation.-

Most importantly I could improve my prayer time with the Lord.

As He leads me and guides me may He sustain me and give me the courage to walk the walk that He has carved out for me with courage,reaolve but most importantly the cover of the Holy spirit knowing that the one who is ever before my face and on my right hand side is more than able to carry me through .

The last year is proof enough for that.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

night-hunting.

 Monda suggested  we go  hunting. Dressed up to beat the rains and the unpredictable weather we ventured out at night with the two Dawas. Annie had baked a cake for Rumpanol.It started  pouring in spurts but nothing could beat the enthusiasm.The junior Dawa was to drive us to a place around fifteen kilometres up the north Sikkim highway.We would come across three rivulets of sort where we could possibly find the edible frog.The senior Dawa was already at the spot making a pathway in the jungle for us to proceed. We reached the spot at around eight at night.in the pitch dark one could hear the sound of frogs of all variety and we started seeing quite a few but none of edible variety.We shuffled around in the rain with an umbrella,raincoat and torches like Nancy drew exploring the grasses and having eye contacts with stunned frogs which seemed to have lost the ability to run .The two boys did a Tarzen and was lost in the jungle with a sling bag ,a torch sans any cover from the rain.While

Feet in the water.

  Fifteen days of earned leave after working for two years,I was praying in a house group prayer and worship and pleading with the Lord to show me something ,when it was not forthcoming I surrendered to the Lord and prayed let your will be done and then I saw the Lord walking up a winding road and deep in my spirit I knew He was calling me to follow Him .I did not know where to but I thanked the Lord and said yes. I have been living more in the unseen world than the seen world. Suddenly out of the blue I received a message from Dr Arpit asking me to replace them in Madhipura  for a  fortnight. I needed to go because things were getting a little intense and I needed sometime to step back and mull some things over. I had no idea why the Lord was taking me back to the old world of EHA , mission hospitals and friends from the yore. Travelling to Madhipura , I  continnued to ask the Lord, 'Why this road? I had no idea why I was going  where I was going.I am glad I came because I could r

Thank you.

 After almost five months of struggling with the nitty gritties the dialysis unit opened last week. We were able to dialyse our set of first three patients over the last few days. So much of effort,dissapointments ,struggles,joys and most importantly prayers have gone into the venture.Many who will never see the fruit of their prayers have invested their prayers into it. The day it started with many apprehension I was praying at the early morning hour and put my head on the pillow to rest and then just as I was about to sleep I saw a vision of Jesus on His knees interceding.That is how much my Lord cares for us and this morning while listening to Alistair I realised that He deals with us like a father does a five year old .That is how He sees us. Lord Jesus ,you are the crown on my head and the only thing I can take pride in.