Skip to main content

Remembering Dr King ...under the shadows of his Master..

If I have idolised a man in my growing up years it has been Dr Martin Luther King.Like a lunatic lying on the lawn in my boarding school,standing before the mirror,just gallavanting with my friends I used to recite the 'I have a dream'speech .My take home book from the library often used to be biographies of Dr King.His civil right movement was solidly built on a firm foundation of a solid ground,the gospel.He was a man of God,fullstop.
When Barack Obama was elected to the office for the first time ,I wept.I was so proud of USA,just watching the entire drama fold out in America and I really thought America was the greatest country in the world.However as his tenure unfolded,some of his policies would have made Dr King cry.He became more popular but I liked him less ,for whatever it is worth.
The last elections America pulled out a rabbit from it's hat.The world gasped in horror as Trump won the elections.
Eversince,american politics has been like a soap opera exposing it for what it actually is.You just have to hear the rants on the overdrive and you begin to understand.
Here is a business man from outside the establishment,at the helm,very very uncomfortable with his own set of idiosyncracies.
When I was going through the list of the richest countries in the world I was shocked to see that America came fifth or sixth in the list and it had a footnote which said significant portion of the population lived below the poverty line.There were people being left behind in this race and that is very sad.
America has a problem in hand,it's president may not be it.It's politics may be it.
The rich celebrities who seem so adept at taking the platform to speak for their rights and seem to have made a fashion of blasting the president might do well to turning their focus on rural America for a change and face the reality.You have to look after your brood.
When you nurture a child you cannot do it on lollies alone,dangerous are these times when the requirement from everyone in the glare is to appear politically correct ,say the apt words ...however wherever we stand in the political milieu or we don't stand at all,at the end of the day we all have to face the same God where there is only absolutes.
We all are just frail human beings with our own set of weaknesses.Without the grace of God we all are unfit for whatever offices we hold.
It was Corrie Ten Boom ,while attending a church service long after the second world war attrocities had ended,met the warden of the concentration camp in a church service where she was speaking about forgiveness.It was the warden of the camp where she had lost her father and her sister.When she came face to face with him ,she says she froze,She cried out to God to give her the strength to shake his hands.Even as she pushed her hands forward she says she felt such overwhelming love for the man ,love which she says was not her own.
We need that kind of love in America which can only come from God.
I sincerely wish America gets it,as Dr King did.He knew the importance of standing on 'THE SOLID ROCK' even while he ministerd to his flocks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

night-hunting.

 Monda suggested  we go  hunting. Dressed up to beat the rains and the unpredictable weather we ventured out at night with the two Dawas. Annie had baked a cake for Rumpanol.It started  pouring in spurts but nothing could beat the enthusiasm.The junior Dawa was to drive us to a place around fifteen kilometres up the north Sikkim highway.We would come across three rivulets of sort where we could possibly find the edible frog.The senior Dawa was already at the spot making a pathway in the jungle for us to proceed. We reached the spot at around eight at night.in the pitch dark one could hear the sound of frogs of all variety and we started seeing quite a few but none of edible variety.We shuffled around in the rain with an umbrella,raincoat and torches like Nancy drew exploring the grasses and having eye contacts with stunned frogs which seemed to have lost the ability to run .The two boys did a Tarzen and was lost in the jungle with a sling bag ,a torch sans any cover from the rain.While

Feet in the water.

  Fifteen days of earned leave after working for two years,I was praying in a house group prayer and worship and pleading with the Lord to show me something ,when it was not forthcoming I surrendered to the Lord and prayed let your will be done and then I saw the Lord walking up a winding road and deep in my spirit I knew He was calling me to follow Him .I did not know where to but I thanked the Lord and said yes. I have been living more in the unseen world than the seen world. Suddenly out of the blue I received a message from Dr Arpit asking me to replace them in Madhipura  for a  fortnight. I needed to go because things were getting a little intense and I needed sometime to step back and mull some things over. I had no idea why the Lord was taking me back to the old world of EHA , mission hospitals and friends from the yore. Travelling to Madhipura , I  continnued to ask the Lord, 'Why this road? I had no idea why I was going  where I was going.I am glad I came because I could r

Thank you.

 After almost five months of struggling with the nitty gritties the dialysis unit opened last week. We were able to dialyse our set of first three patients over the last few days. So much of effort,dissapointments ,struggles,joys and most importantly prayers have gone into the venture.Many who will never see the fruit of their prayers have invested their prayers into it. The day it started with many apprehension I was praying at the early morning hour and put my head on the pillow to rest and then just as I was about to sleep I saw a vision of Jesus on His knees interceding.That is how much my Lord cares for us and this morning while listening to Alistair I realised that He deals with us like a father does a five year old .That is how He sees us. Lord Jesus ,you are the crown on my head and the only thing I can take pride in.