Skip to main content

The beauty that you can miss in a blink of an eye.

Yesterday we spent the day in Bath.John and Jenny drove us to the train station in Taunton .We took the train to Bath via Bristol temple mead.I had wonderful memories of Bath from the past.It is for me the most beautiful city especially the areas around the Bath abbey and the roman bath.I booked a ticket for Annie to get into the bath while I sat in the sun reading on the bench outside the abbey enjoying the sun,the crowd ,the pigeons and beautiful classics both opera and musicals sung by a lady.It was frightening in it's beauty with the ability to transport you to another place altogether,I could have wept but I found myself clamping down.I travelled to the Doone Valley with Lorna Doone vicariously though.
Annie enjoyed Bath ,she took a lot of photographs,bought souveneirs in the abbey and just enjoyed the architecture of angels ascending and descending ,the stained glass windows and the amazing ceiling and then we walked the town of Bath popping in and out of shopping centres,visited the museum of medicine,walked to river Avon,watched the barge swaying down the river ,crossed the bridge which brought back memories of five years ago when I had walked the bridge to get to town from the place where I was staying in the hills.Got a glimpse of the little theatre as well.Caught a quick lunch of cornwall pastries and wedges with hot chocolate and latte.
We left Bath late in the afternoon ,was supposed to give John a ring to pick us up from the station but our phones let us down so we took the 17.45 to Hillcommon and walked to old rectory.
I had a splitting headache.We barely managed to make a cup of tea and gobble down slices of cake,I needed to rest which I did.At nine Annie woke me up and offered to make dinner which she did ably ,roast beef cutlets and bread.I woke up ,ate it and then went into another slumber.
I woke up at five in the morning today and dillydallied till seven and sauntered out in search of the Hillfarance church which was supposed to be having a communion day today celebrating the trinity.
This afternoon.John and jenny have offered to take us for a drive up the hill and sightseeing locally,and I hope to make it for the evensong in the evening at 6.30 PM at the Oake church.
Tomorrow we head for London and then Edinburgh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

night-hunting.

 Monda suggested  we go  hunting. Dressed up to beat the rains and the unpredictable weather we ventured out at night with the two Dawas. Annie had baked a cake for Rumpanol.It started  pouring in spurts but nothing could beat the enthusiasm.The junior Dawa was to drive us to a place around fifteen kilometres up the north Sikkim highway.We would come across three rivulets of sort where we could possibly find the edible frog.The senior Dawa was already at the spot making a pathway in the jungle for us to proceed. We reached the spot at around eight at night.in the pitch dark one could hear the sound of frogs of all variety and we started seeing quite a few but none of edible variety.We shuffled around in the rain with an umbrella,raincoat and torches like Nancy drew exploring the grasses and having eye contacts with stunned frogs which seemed to have lost the ability to run .The two boys did a Tarzen and was lost in the jungle with a sling bag ,a torch sans any cover from the rain.While

Feet in the water.

  Fifteen days of earned leave after working for two years,I was praying in a house group prayer and worship and pleading with the Lord to show me something ,when it was not forthcoming I surrendered to the Lord and prayed let your will be done and then I saw the Lord walking up a winding road and deep in my spirit I knew He was calling me to follow Him .I did not know where to but I thanked the Lord and said yes. I have been living more in the unseen world than the seen world. Suddenly out of the blue I received a message from Dr Arpit asking me to replace them in Madhipura  for a  fortnight. I needed to go because things were getting a little intense and I needed sometime to step back and mull some things over. I had no idea why the Lord was taking me back to the old world of EHA , mission hospitals and friends from the yore. Travelling to Madhipura , I  continnued to ask the Lord, 'Why this road? I had no idea why I was going  where I was going.I am glad I came because I could r

Thank you.

 After almost five months of struggling with the nitty gritties the dialysis unit opened last week. We were able to dialyse our set of first three patients over the last few days. So much of effort,dissapointments ,struggles,joys and most importantly prayers have gone into the venture.Many who will never see the fruit of their prayers have invested their prayers into it. The day it started with many apprehension I was praying at the early morning hour and put my head on the pillow to rest and then just as I was about to sleep I saw a vision of Jesus on His knees interceding.That is how much my Lord cares for us and this morning while listening to Alistair I realised that He deals with us like a father does a five year old .That is how He sees us. Lord Jesus ,you are the crown on my head and the only thing I can take pride in.