Skip to main content

Making Christmas memories!!

Made a quick trip to Lalitpur to see my friend Sheba and her family before I dash out of EHA ,'Kent'ward bound.Doing the MP highway at 100kms per hour,from a distance of about half a kilometre we saw a motorbike struggling to cross over.He seemed to be an amateur .Kamlesh tried his best to control his car while I prayed hard.At the last moment the man slid his bike right in front of us.Things could have turned tragic but for our Lord's mercy.We hit the pillion ,both the men were thrown out of the bike onto the road but the car made a smoothe stop so the men were safe ,just the light at the back was broken.
Out of nowhere a policeman landed up and a crowd came in.Things can turn ugly on the road. Two gentlemen, both of whom looked dignified, just appeared in the crowd and took control of the situation ,kept reiterating that it had not been our fault ,made us pay for the backlight and made way for us to leave the spot.Talk of guardian angels!
The morning when we started off from Laknadon ,I noticed when I prayed that I did not ask for protection,only to be a blessing whereever we would be.I did not change the wording wilfully because that was the way the prayer went.I had just been talking to Kamlesh about the things that matter half an hour earlier.
Once in Sagar,I took the bus from the private bus stand.It was an educative process,the entire thing.The first bus which was to leave Sagar at twelve-five got cancelled because there weren't enough passengers.We were put into the one o'clock bus.The bus did start at one.The distance would have been one and half hour's journey but the bus happily took four and a half hours.Initially my heart sank at the numerous detours to the village roads they were making and the stops every fifteen minutes but soon I caught on that the bus was meant for the local villagers.I sat back on my seat and enjoyed the ride.Thankfully the driver was sensitive enough to keep the music at a low volume throughout the journey.
When leaving Lakhnadon one of the staffs had quickly pushed a siver foil with some snack into my hand.That came in handy during the journey.While returning from Lalitpur another saintly woman pushed a plastic with her hand-made snack into my hands.I felt blessed to have a taste of God's providence in these small journeys of my life.
It was amazing two days spent with Aunt Christa,Andy Sheba,Asha ,Enoch,Benjy and ofcourse Leela di .Fragments of Christmas and pre-Christmas memories I will carry with me especially little Enoch's ready coffee and Horlicks which finished one large packet of milk in a single sitting and the warm breakfast, made to order.
Tonight we get-together for a time of Potlluck with my surrogate family in Lakhnadon.
Another seven days and I will be homeward bound.Will meet up my cousin and her children after a couple of years,will have the privellage to spend time with the family post-Christmas before I start the next phase of my life.The journey continues ......till I am safely 'Home' someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feet in the water.

  Fifteen days of earned leave after working for two years,I was praying in a house group prayer and worship and pleading with the Lord to show me something ,when it was not forthcoming I surrendered to the Lord and prayed let your will be done and then I saw the Lord walking up a winding road and deep in my spirit I knew He was calling me to follow Him .I did not know where to but I thanked the Lord and said yes. I have been living more in the unseen world than the seen world. Suddenly out of the blue I received a message from Dr Arpit asking me to replace them in Madhipura  for a  fortnight. I needed to go because things were getting a little intense and I needed sometime to step back and mull some things over. I had no idea why the Lord was taking me back to the old world of EHA , mission hospitals and friends from the yore. Travelling to Madhipura , I  continnued to ask the Lord, 'Why this road? I had no idea why I was going  where I was going.I am glad I came because I could r

night-hunting.

 Monda suggested  we go  hunting. Dressed up to beat the rains and the unpredictable weather we ventured out at night with the two Dawas. Annie had baked a cake for Rumpanol.It started  pouring in spurts but nothing could beat the enthusiasm.The junior Dawa was to drive us to a place around fifteen kilometres up the north Sikkim highway.We would come across three rivulets of sort where we could possibly find the edible frog.The senior Dawa was already at the spot making a pathway in the jungle for us to proceed. We reached the spot at around eight at night.in the pitch dark one could hear the sound of frogs of all variety and we started seeing quite a few but none of edible variety.We shuffled around in the rain with an umbrella,raincoat and torches like Nancy drew exploring the grasses and having eye contacts with stunned frogs which seemed to have lost the ability to run .The two boys did a Tarzen and was lost in the jungle with a sling bag ,a torch sans any cover from the rain.While

Thank you.

 After almost five months of struggling with the nitty gritties the dialysis unit opened last week. We were able to dialyse our set of first three patients over the last few days. So much of effort,dissapointments ,struggles,joys and most importantly prayers have gone into the venture.Many who will never see the fruit of their prayers have invested their prayers into it. The day it started with many apprehension I was praying at the early morning hour and put my head on the pillow to rest and then just as I was about to sleep I saw a vision of Jesus on His knees interceding.That is how much my Lord cares for us and this morning while listening to Alistair I realised that He deals with us like a father does a five year old .That is how He sees us. Lord Jesus ,you are the crown on my head and the only thing I can take pride in.