Skip to main content

ABC..tumbledown D

I tumbled down from a height of around 3 feet from the ground on my head today.By God's grace some one broke the full impact of the fall trying to hold me back so that saved my neck from breaking so now I have a sprained neck and a shoulder for a few days. Had a busy night trying to resuscitate a patient of brain-stem bleed with a tracheostomy tube who had most probably developed a nosocomial pneumonia-I did not hold much hope for him but strange things happen here as limited as the facilities are.He was breathing better and his temperature had considerably come down.We had to knock doors of the local pharmaccies and managed to get some leincomycin,we had amikacin and pip-taz with us. Sanish is back so I have the luxury of having someone to take the call at night. Tomorrow I have a hysterectomy posted at eight in the morning.Hopefully my neck and my shoulder will relax with the analgesic to allow me to do the surgery uninterrupted. I have also intrestingly been analysing the stats and demographic profile of all the patients and services we have provided in the past nine months and it is throwing up some pretty interesting results.Analysing datas clear a lot of notions one entertains otherwise. I was of the impression that I was seeing mostly surgical and obstetric cases but the datas made me realise how wrong I was.I was seeing five times more medicine patients than all other specialities but the other specialities being out of my comfort zone seems to occupy more of my thought life. I just love this part.I got a map of the local area and mapped out our catchment area as well.I was doing exactly that today when I fell down, I was excitedly confirming certain facts from the community health staffs who had sauntered into my out-patient. In the meantime a local fellow wanted his wife's delivary to take place in our hospital but he had insured the cord blood for preservation in a lab in Chennai for the next twenty years.He came with the kit et al.This is a new one for our humble hospital but we are going ahead with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feet in the water.

  Fifteen days of earned leave after working for two years,I was praying in a house group prayer and worship and pleading with the Lord to show me something ,when it was not forthcoming I surrendered to the Lord and prayed let your will be done and then I saw the Lord walking up a winding road and deep in my spirit I knew He was calling me to follow Him .I did not know where to but I thanked the Lord and said yes. I have been living more in the unseen world than the seen world. Suddenly out of the blue I received a message from Dr Arpit asking me to replace them in Madhipura  for a  fortnight. I needed to go because things were getting a little intense and I needed sometime to step back and mull some things over. I had no idea why the Lord was taking me back to the old world of EHA , mission hospitals and friends from the yore. Travelling to Madhipura , I  continnued to ask the Lord, 'Why this road? I had no idea why I was going  where I was going.I am glad I came because I could r

night-hunting.

 Monda suggested  we go  hunting. Dressed up to beat the rains and the unpredictable weather we ventured out at night with the two Dawas. Annie had baked a cake for Rumpanol.It started  pouring in spurts but nothing could beat the enthusiasm.The junior Dawa was to drive us to a place around fifteen kilometres up the north Sikkim highway.We would come across three rivulets of sort where we could possibly find the edible frog.The senior Dawa was already at the spot making a pathway in the jungle for us to proceed. We reached the spot at around eight at night.in the pitch dark one could hear the sound of frogs of all variety and we started seeing quite a few but none of edible variety.We shuffled around in the rain with an umbrella,raincoat and torches like Nancy drew exploring the grasses and having eye contacts with stunned frogs which seemed to have lost the ability to run .The two boys did a Tarzen and was lost in the jungle with a sling bag ,a torch sans any cover from the rain.While

Thank you.

 After almost five months of struggling with the nitty gritties the dialysis unit opened last week. We were able to dialyse our set of first three patients over the last few days. So much of effort,dissapointments ,struggles,joys and most importantly prayers have gone into the venture.Many who will never see the fruit of their prayers have invested their prayers into it. The day it started with many apprehension I was praying at the early morning hour and put my head on the pillow to rest and then just as I was about to sleep I saw a vision of Jesus on His knees interceding.That is how much my Lord cares for us and this morning while listening to Alistair I realised that He deals with us like a father does a five year old .That is how He sees us. Lord Jesus ,you are the crown on my head and the only thing I can take pride in.