Skip to main content

A Gift-in His time.


Dhan Singh lost four issues to an unexplained hypertension his wife suffered during pregnancy.Four issues in a row,his fervent prayer request every christmas would be for a child.Dhan Singh is a watchman in the hospital.One evening while I got talking to one of the staff nurses she told me about his bane.
We started praying seriously and somehow the lord put the burden in our hearts to pray.It became one of our prayer points in the chain prayer list.
One fine day Dhan Singh came to us with the good news that his wife had conceived but along with it was an uncontrollable blood pressure of more than 200/130 consistantly.
We put her on anti-hypertensives but she just could not tolerate the medication beyond a certain point.
Pray,we did.
Consulting other gynaecologists we got a picture of how bleak the chances of the baby making it, was.
The follow up USG showed a small for date baby.
I went home for the holidays and when I reached back Dhan Singh was waiting for me to come back.
It was just getting on to the ninth month.
We called up one of our gynaecologist friend who insisted we immediately control the blood pressure and terminate the pregnancy.
We admitted Dhan Singh's wife and started her on mag-sulf,Betamethasone and anti-hypertensives more aggressively.The plan was to prolong this for 48 hours, if possible.That evening three obstetric emergencies came in a row and Dhan Singh was on duty.As he carted three new-born babies with their mothers to their beds he suddenly wondered loudly to my junior if his wife could have her caeserian section as well.
When I approached Dhan Singh he very docilely said,'mam you do what you think would be best'.So I called the OT team and we decided to go ahead with the surgery.
Since it was pretty late at night I asked the team to go back to their rooms ,pray,have some dinner and come back.
I sent a facebook prayer request and I sat down to pray myself.
When I went back to the OT,I had a moment of doubt when I saw the size of the uterus.
I called DhanSingh in and asked him if he would like to take his wife to a centre where the baby can be cared for,he said naught.He wanted the section done here following which he was willing to take the baby for an incubator care if needed.
While praying before the surgery I felt the presence of the Lord strongly.
A 1.5KG baby was delivered.Small as he was, he cried gustily and looked active .
We could not thank the Lord enough.It was an emotional moment for all of us when we called Dhan Singh into the theatre just to thank the Lord for the mighty grace He had bestowed upon all of us.
The little kid stayed in a paediatric centre for two weeks at the end of which he has come home.He is with his parents in their village home,dong well.Dhan Singh brought us sweets the other day.
We continue to pray that Dhan Singh and his family will have the favour of the Lord in their lives and will profess Him who has bestowed such grace into their lives and accept him as their prsonal savior.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feet in the water.

  Fifteen days of earned leave after working for two years,I was praying in a house group prayer and worship and pleading with the Lord to show me something ,when it was not forthcoming I surrendered to the Lord and prayed let your will be done and then I saw the Lord walking up a winding road and deep in my spirit I knew He was calling me to follow Him .I did not know where to but I thanked the Lord and said yes. I have been living more in the unseen world than the seen world. Suddenly out of the blue I received a message from Dr Arpit asking me to replace them in Madhipura  for a  fortnight. I needed to go because things were getting a little intense and I needed sometime to step back and mull some things over. I had no idea why the Lord was taking me back to the old world of EHA , mission hospitals and friends from the yore. Travelling to Madhipura , I  continnued to ask the Lord, 'Why this road? I had no idea why I was going  where I was going.I am glad I came because I could r

night-hunting.

 Monda suggested  we go  hunting. Dressed up to beat the rains and the unpredictable weather we ventured out at night with the two Dawas. Annie had baked a cake for Rumpanol.It started  pouring in spurts but nothing could beat the enthusiasm.The junior Dawa was to drive us to a place around fifteen kilometres up the north Sikkim highway.We would come across three rivulets of sort where we could possibly find the edible frog.The senior Dawa was already at the spot making a pathway in the jungle for us to proceed. We reached the spot at around eight at night.in the pitch dark one could hear the sound of frogs of all variety and we started seeing quite a few but none of edible variety.We shuffled around in the rain with an umbrella,raincoat and torches like Nancy drew exploring the grasses and having eye contacts with stunned frogs which seemed to have lost the ability to run .The two boys did a Tarzen and was lost in the jungle with a sling bag ,a torch sans any cover from the rain.While

Thank you.

 After almost five months of struggling with the nitty gritties the dialysis unit opened last week. We were able to dialyse our set of first three patients over the last few days. So much of effort,dissapointments ,struggles,joys and most importantly prayers have gone into the venture.Many who will never see the fruit of their prayers have invested their prayers into it. The day it started with many apprehension I was praying at the early morning hour and put my head on the pillow to rest and then just as I was about to sleep I saw a vision of Jesus on His knees interceding.That is how much my Lord cares for us and this morning while listening to Alistair I realised that He deals with us like a father does a five year old .That is how He sees us. Lord Jesus ,you are the crown on my head and the only thing I can take pride in.