Skip to main content

The verdict.


We had quite a bit of story telling during our growing up years.There were listeners and there were the tellers.My oldest sibling could literally make us dance around ,the carrot   being stories...and more stories and later on during the years in school we had an ayah di who could make everything come alive with her narration.To think back she must have had a photographic memory because she could even describe the colour of the costumes worn.
We used to be lost in a totally different world.My last but one sibling ,me being the youngest,had this penchant for making up stories as she narrated them to us .She was sometimes this painful 'fiddler on the roof 'who would follow us all over the house with her stories.
Now that we are officially crossing over to the middle-age bracket this is not done, so  she writes them in between the papers she publishes for the state gazeeters and things
like that.
She wrote a children's story and decided to test the waters with the children in the family.
My five year old charming kiwi nephew was very generous with his comments.Called it 'exquisite' and in a lower tone to his mother whispered 'did not understand it'.
The next moment he was on the desk with a pen and paper writing stories of his own.
My thirteen year old neice's comment was 'a lot of spelling mistakes!'
My seven year old neice from New Zealand was silent .We take the verdict to be 'No comments!'
My sister and I had a good laugh over it even while we chatted on the skype.
I must remember to write a children's story and test waters myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

A self retreat.

 The last week of January I have started camping out in my construction site with a manuel which reads the King's James version of Holy bible.I thought I would take time to just quieten myself .I am getting a peek into the family who looks after my land.The construction is moving at rapid pace.I pray that it will beat the monsoons this year.If the Lord wills it I hope to do the first floor as well in this sitting.It requires a lot of prayer for the plan and the design and occupancy thereafter. As you can see there is a significant progress.I am here for till the month end.The first night my two little nephews and my cousin decided to rough it out with me.It was quite interesting having them around. The early morning view of the mountains are what I am hoping to catch.It can be breathtaking in December and we are still towards the end of winter so I should be able to enjoy it.The first night was a learning experience with princess and the pea experience.Second nigh onwards I have ha...