Skip to main content

off to London to see the queen!

A week before the trip to London was a mixed bag.My sister was given a MCQ to solve by my older sister.Is she excited about the journey or is she nervous?she opted for the latter which is not quite true but I surprised myself with the number of health issues that actually came through the last week.
After starting the trip I was into it,and had no time to reflect at all.
Emirates was a pleasant surprise especially the service.Airports look all the same,Dubai was no different.
Landed in London in the morning.Worked my way to Elizabeth's house.Rested,showered,lunched  and it was off to RCP and GMC.Naa noi,who has been communicating with me thus far was a surprise.Her name sounded oriental but it was a beautiful black lady,as compassionate as she sounded in her communication who greeted me,guided me and looked after my luggage even as I went to the GMC for my id check.
Londoners get full points in the art of helping strangers.I had all sorts of people lugging my 30kg suitcase though the underground,et al.Some of them looked wee smaller then myself but were I guess stronger.
Reached Basildon at around five in the evenng.
Providence had my accomodation ready.I couldn't wait to hit the bed.After a quick dinner I was off to the dreamland sleeping off my jet lag.
The next day I worked through the personals and I join work on Monday.
Met a few people from dear India.Put faces to the names I had been communicating with.
As soon as the communication got through received letters from Dr Binks,Dr Richard.
Dr Richard and Anne are planning a trip through Essex..I look forward to meeting them.He had also copied out a bible study site on revelations for me.
Dr Binks was meticulous in the detailed directions and organising he had done .It struck me afresh how good a clinician he was because of this quality.His two paged letter was better than any guidebook one can lay hold of.
Tomorrow I guess I would have to go church hunting although Dr Binks has already connected me to a CMF i/c.here.
Like I told Naa,..'I'll find my way..Naa,..don't worry....I always do..!
I will  or  to be exact  'God will!'-He always does.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feet in the water.

  Fifteen days of earned leave after working for two years,I was praying in a house group prayer and worship and pleading with the Lord to show me something ,when it was not forthcoming I surrendered to the Lord and prayed let your will be done and then I saw the Lord walking up a winding road and deep in my spirit I knew He was calling me to follow Him .I did not know where to but I thanked the Lord and said yes. I have been living more in the unseen world than the seen world. Suddenly out of the blue I received a message from Dr Arpit asking me to replace them in Madhipura  for a  fortnight. I needed to go because things were getting a little intense and I needed sometime to step back and mull some things over. I had no idea why the Lord was taking me back to the old world of EHA , mission hospitals and friends from the yore. Travelling to Madhipura , I  continnued to ask the Lord, 'Why this road? I had no idea why I was going  where I was going.I am glad I came because I could r

night-hunting.

 Monda suggested  we go  hunting. Dressed up to beat the rains and the unpredictable weather we ventured out at night with the two Dawas. Annie had baked a cake for Rumpanol.It started  pouring in spurts but nothing could beat the enthusiasm.The junior Dawa was to drive us to a place around fifteen kilometres up the north Sikkim highway.We would come across three rivulets of sort where we could possibly find the edible frog.The senior Dawa was already at the spot making a pathway in the jungle for us to proceed. We reached the spot at around eight at night.in the pitch dark one could hear the sound of frogs of all variety and we started seeing quite a few but none of edible variety.We shuffled around in the rain with an umbrella,raincoat and torches like Nancy drew exploring the grasses and having eye contacts with stunned frogs which seemed to have lost the ability to run .The two boys did a Tarzen and was lost in the jungle with a sling bag ,a torch sans any cover from the rain.While

Thank you.

 After almost five months of struggling with the nitty gritties the dialysis unit opened last week. We were able to dialyse our set of first three patients over the last few days. So much of effort,dissapointments ,struggles,joys and most importantly prayers have gone into the venture.Many who will never see the fruit of their prayers have invested their prayers into it. The day it started with many apprehension I was praying at the early morning hour and put my head on the pillow to rest and then just as I was about to sleep I saw a vision of Jesus on His knees interceding.That is how much my Lord cares for us and this morning while listening to Alistair I realised that He deals with us like a father does a five year old .That is how He sees us. Lord Jesus ,you are the crown on my head and the only thing I can take pride in.