Skip to main content

Finding the Father!

Today I travelled one hour ,twenty minutes to attend a church service at Tottenham court.The hillsong church which was being conducted in a theatre.Charles Neuman from Elpaso, Texas was supposed to be preaching in prelude to the 2013 London conference which is a week from now.
I was not sure which exit I was to take from the underground-I just followed my gut and walked straight into the door of the theatre.
The theatre was teeming.I just about made it into a seat.I thought that must have been the only seat empty.The worship was what hillsong worships are generally like.I just about managed to connect and then it was over.
A young guy,I'll call him Amos,all of twenty-three years glowing with the glory of Christ,gave a testimony that took the cake and had most in the audience weeping.
He was born to an unwed seventeen year old in the south-west of London.He was given up to the social services and changed five foster homes.
He did not remember the first foster parents,he was too small but the second home he clearly remembered and loved it.However ,at the age of eight his foster parents decided they did not want him anymore.
He walked the earth with this deep pain of rejection for the next six years.He was kept in an orphanage before some family picked him up.He was such an angry child.He once broke the nose of one of his teachers in a fit of anger.One day while on a shopping trip with his foster family he saw a father and a son playfully playing around and that broke him completely.He missed not having his father ,he went back home and cried in his room.At the age of fourteen his foster parents dragged him to the church.He had no desire to go.That changed everything.
Today,the strapping young man is a Cambridge graduate and raring to go and is standing up in the Hillsong stage and giving a testimony which touches the chord of every heart in the room somewhere, remembering what  Jesus means to each one of us.
The datas speak of homeless ,abandoned orphans filling the jails and the juveinile delinquent homes.
Just how many Amos' meet with the Lord and experiences this turn-around?
Have I consciously or unconsciously facilitated it?




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

A self retreat.

 The last week of January I have started camping out in my construction site with a manuel which reads the King's James version of Holy bible.I thought I would take time to just quieten myself .I am getting a peek into the family who looks after my land.The construction is moving at rapid pace.I pray that it will beat the monsoons this year.If the Lord wills it I hope to do the first floor as well in this sitting.It requires a lot of prayer for the plan and the design and occupancy thereafter. As you can see there is a significant progress.I am here for till the month end.The first night my two little nephews and my cousin decided to rough it out with me.It was quite interesting having them around. The early morning view of the mountains are what I am hoping to catch.It can be breathtaking in December and we are still towards the end of winter so I should be able to enjoy it.The first night was a learning experience with princess and the pea experience.Second nigh onwards I have ha...