Skip to main content

Oh Doris!This is what i will miss of England.

Doris May was sixteen when the second world war was on in full-scale.
She was reading a book even as she was attatched to the moniter and her heart had but started beating normally.
Even as I was to disturb her from her moment of utter involvement in the book,I decided to ask her what she was reading.It was a recollection of life during the wars as remembered by the lady author and a peep into three lives of the charecters in the book.
Doris started chatting about what she remembered about the wars.
She was one of the five in the family.
She remembered other families having up to sixteen members.
She wistfully declared ,'but we were happy then,each one of us helping each other out through the tough time.As little as we were ,we helped our mother with all the chores,worked in the factory and went into the bunkers when the siren went off.We did not have enough to eat but we were very happy.She did not seem too concerned about who the prime minister was then.She said,'I see my daughter once a week now'.
I had other stuff to catch up with so I told Doris,'I'll catch up some other time allright,I need to get back to work'.
She wistfully replied,'You know when we were young we used to play this game of going up to different doors,rattle the knocker and then run away'.
It took me sometime to understand her.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

A self retreat.

 The last week of January I have started camping out in my construction site with a manuel which reads the King's James version of Holy bible.I thought I would take time to just quieten myself .I am getting a peek into the family who looks after my land.The construction is moving at rapid pace.I pray that it will beat the monsoons this year.If the Lord wills it I hope to do the first floor as well in this sitting.It requires a lot of prayer for the plan and the design and occupancy thereafter. As you can see there is a significant progress.I am here for till the month end.The first night my two little nephews and my cousin decided to rough it out with me.It was quite interesting having them around. The early morning view of the mountains are what I am hoping to catch.It can be breathtaking in December and we are still towards the end of winter so I should be able to enjoy it.The first night was a learning experience with princess and the pea experience.Second nigh onwards I have ha...