Skip to main content

tete tete.

I wake up to the sound of Anu and Dinesh talking to each other in their bedroom next doors.It is six in the morning and it brings joy to my heart.
Reminds me of parents.I can remember forever choosing to take the bedroom right next door to my parents whenever I went home for the holiday.Their tete tete starts from 3o'clock in the morning in a comfortable companionship before each of them enter their prayer time ,to start the day.Mom gets up a little earlier.Dad follows around an hour later,his tea and his porridge eaten he goes for his walk.
He enjoys having us for company.Now I believe my uncle who lives three kilometers away comes to pick him up every morning(By the way he is my mother's brother,and they get along like house on fire.).He must be in his late seventies and my dad is in his mid-eighties.
Mangan is heaven personified.It's a little paradise where you hear the birds singing,the crickets chirping,the flowers blooming,the sun shining ,people smiling from ear to ear from the heart.
I am just going forty,both my parents are double my age but they seem to be so full of energy.I ask at the end of the day,'Don't you feel tired?Don't you have aches and pain?My dad,the evergreen Paul Newman says smugly ,'No'.My mom says her knee troubles her.
I for one am beat and need a nap badly.
Mangan is a laid back town.There is really no rush for anything there.Everything has a rythemn and moves to it.The unconditional love of the parents and family make it even so.
In Brentwood Anu enters my bedroom to say goodbye for the morning as she rushes early to work so that she can join Ojasvi for the concert later.
I tell Anu,'Don't rush Anu,take time to enjoy your family.
She smiles.
I can already see that she is getting there.
One does not have to be old to get the wisdom of the age.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

A self retreat.

 The last week of January I have started camping out in my construction site with a manuel which reads the King's James version of Holy bible.I thought I would take time to just quieten myself .I am getting a peek into the family who looks after my land.The construction is moving at rapid pace.I pray that it will beat the monsoons this year.If the Lord wills it I hope to do the first floor as well in this sitting.It requires a lot of prayer for the plan and the design and occupancy thereafter. As you can see there is a significant progress.I am here for till the month end.The first night my two little nephews and my cousin decided to rough it out with me.It was quite interesting having them around. The early morning view of the mountains are what I am hoping to catch.It can be breathtaking in December and we are still towards the end of winter so I should be able to enjoy it.The first night was a learning experience with princess and the pea experience.Second nigh onwards I have ha...