Skip to main content

Oddanchattram - The way I see it now...........

In the midst of the haze of trying to balance a hundred and one things together one often forgets to savour every minute that passes by.It is God alone who needs to be given the glory for all the beauty in our lives,I am getting a year older and it seems like I am really putting on in years,hopefully more mentally than physically.I very often find myself unconciously going through the motions automatically.
Then I stop for a moment to take a deep breath and look around which is when I realise what I am actually missing.
The other day I received a mail from ODC asking me to write something about my time there.As I sat back with my pen to write - this is what actually flowed through.It was a revelation for me.

ODDANCHATTRAM-The way I see it now.

Oddanchattram,ten years since.After a decade in the rough and tough world of Indian missions,it almost seems like a distant dream.What does ODC mean to me now?It means Dr.KV's warm smile that reaches the heart,Dr.K.O pulling out gauvas from his shoulder bag in Pachalur and giving it to us,week-end retreats with Drs Paul and Latha,Dr Sushil struggling to get a good scale from us as he worked towards the christmas choir,valsa's chocolate cake,Dr.Raj's evening classes........it also means Beulah aka calling us for the evening prayer,Zeba refusing to look at us after a bad singing session in the chapel,Sheba and myself sitting at the back of the chapel and crying our hearts out as Sam and Sarah David shared their testimony through a song,Abraham snoring through the meditation sessions in Pachalur,culinary skills that could turn macaroni into mayonnaise........Ali,Nithila,Nancy and the never ending laughing sessions....and the voices of Sunil and Mary Abraham over the telephone now asking me how I am in Satbarwa!
Oddanchattram to me is the hand and reflection of God in its myraid beauty in the lives of people like you and me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands