Skip to main content

Anna and some thoughts!

Have been travelling a bit around the country.Every where you go,the hot topic on board is Anna Hazare.I am an altruistic person by nature.Especially over the past several years I have been rapidly observing myself going soft.I was at it picking up a few necessities with Sheba in Mumbai when I saw a procession moving along the road with lit candles and placards ...........I was touched to see the mood behind it all.Atleast it was uplifting to see the youngsters at it...they seem to be moving along fine.
I ,for one, have not been convinced by this movement.I may be biased but I have had difficulty accepting the entire process at face value.
We have in the recent times seen a host of political figures ,during their tenure, in the government going behind bars for corruption...unheard of in India...would not even have thought it possible a few years back when people used to flaunt obvious misappropriation of power while the civil society used to watch from the sidelines in muted horror while few eccentrics used to dance around the entire drama,beyond the focus of the television spot-lights,hopefully alive to tell their stories sometimes.
We,in India need a deeper revolution.
Was doing my bible studies the other day and was deeply touched by the life of king Josiah(2 kings,vs 22).
He has been described as a man 'who did what was right in the sight of the Lord,and walked in all the way of David,his father,and turned not aside to the right hand or to the left.'
Such a man orders the offering of the temple to be used for the repair of breeches in the house of the Lord.The temple priests while collecting the offerings together stumble across the book of law(Torah-Law of Moses,which in the old testament consists of Genesis,Exodus,leviticus,Numbers and Deutronomy),which according to the word had been lost in the House of the Lord.
He orders the Book to be read and interpreted before him and realises that the law had been thoroughly flaunted and disregarded by his ancesters.What does the king do?
He repents,tears his clothes and weeps.
The Lord has mercy on king Josiah.
2nd Chronicles reads-'and the king stood in his place,and made a covenant before the Lord,to walk after the Lord,and to keep his commandments,and his testimonies and his statuates,with all his heart ,and with all his soul,to perform the words of the covenant which are written in this book.And he caused all in Jerusalem and Benjamin to stand by it..........'.....It further amazingly says in vs 33,..'And Josiah took away all abominations out of all the countries that pertained to the children of Israel.......'
To think what we decide and stand by today is going to decide the inheritance our children are going to have in the future.
May we be long-sighted in all the small and big decisions of life ,leaving inheritances that has a better future for the generations to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands