Skip to main content

FACE IN THE MIRROR!

The Lord has been taking me through my life and the experiences that have shaped me by and by into what I am.I have vivid childhood memories that often come across my mind's eye.Most of them are affirmative memories that have carried me through different times in my life,but I have felt the need to shed the hurts.Hurts are what the Lord has been taking me through these last few months.
I have surprised myself by what I have been seeing in my past.
One memory that sticks out like a sore thumb and I did not even know it existed is the christmas time at home.I am the youngest of the five kids.My eldest sister was the person who never forgot our birthdays and always had a present for each one of us during christmas.I was the Miss perfect,atleast that is what my siblings called me then.I always wanted my clothes and shoes a perfect fit.
That christmas my sister forgot to buy a gift for me-there was a fortnight left and I could see her busy knitting a cap for me.
On the christmas day I got a gift from her which was a knitted woolen cap and an over-sized kurta,which was obviously not for me.I remember trying out the Kurta and the cap,plastering a huge smile on my face and going out to parade before my family even as they cheered me on,inside my heart was breaking into pieces....I must have been six then.It hurt,it hurt like crazy and it seems to be still burried deep into the recesses of my mind-It's strange what you find when you dig deep enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands