Skip to main content

Our life-a river of compromises!".

The other day we had an EMFI meet at my place and one of our residents agreed to share the message.
He gave a lovely reminiscence of his childhood and drew a parallel into the current scenario in our lives.
He remembered his childhood days in Manipur where by the river-side he recollected playing in the beautiful pieces of land .With time as he grew up the river started changing course taking the path of least resistance,cutting through those landscapes till all that remains is the memory.The beautiful land is no more.It's gone forever.
Our lives are like that river crooked ,where we make similar mistakes taking a path of least resistance,compromising,till one day we look back and find that the beautiful places are no more.
He was stressing on the fact as to how we must take on the evil head on.
It deeply touched me for I guess that is what Christ meant when he said "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands