Skip to main content

Eichers,FOG.....and weekend to remember!

I had a lovely weekend with the Eicher's in Landour.
The family was enjoying their much deserved break and was generous enough to accomodate me in their time together.The kids were a joy as always startling one with their candour and alarming wisdom which sometimes leaves you speechless.
We had an evening of colours with Stephen encouraging us to experiment with shades..it was an engaging time.
The next day while walking through the figure of eight in Landour I was pointing out my painting to Sheba in the woods below.
At the last minute we decided to attend the FOG church (friends of garhwal) which is just below the hospital.it happened to be a youth sunday.The worship was an awkward affair,the youth not really comfortable leading the worship.I was dumbstruck and deeply touched by the sharing.There were groups of youngsters spread out all over the church fidgety,giggling and restless.The leader reprimended some of them for chewing gums and leaving the paper inside the church.Finally when the time came for sharing the word of God four young girls and one boy from the giggling group shared from the word in faultless theology.It was no word of revelation,it was not dramatic....it was simple messages which spoke to our hearts more so because it came from such an unexpected chewing gum chewing youngsters.Some of them were even quoting the bible extempo as they preached.There were affirmations from uncle Eicher and Aunty Christie who were obviously elated by what they were hearing.Dr Alex,the orthopaedician in Landour , from kerala has come north for a year.Aunty Christie was expressing her joy at having him around doing a sound bible studies for the group.He was sitting in one corner.I would have surely missed him had I not met him earlier.I was deeply touched .My prayer is that the Lord might raise many more people like Alex who will be willing to quietly invest in the lives of the coming generation in dingy congested rooms without fan,in a place so far away from what he must call home ,in a temporary settlement...it brings our lives into perspective doesn't it....and how we forget!

Comments

we were glad to have you! take a look at our blog for a photo story on the art evening - www.andi-sheba.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands