Skip to main content

Cooking Hyderbadi Biryani and Tanish Khair!

I cooked full fledged hyderbadi biryani the other day and was fascinated by the perfectness of the recipes the khan mashas dish out ,tested -tried and amazingly accurate .
The recipes goes as such-
Mutton -1 Kg,
Rice-1 Kg,(par-boiled)
Three onions-deep fried,
Half a tablespoon of green chillies,
Half a tablespoon of saffron,
Half a tablespoon of green cardomom.
Four pieces of cloves,
A pinch of nutmeg,
 and mace,
Cinnamon -four small pieces'
Corriander-handful,
Ginger garlic paste-one tablespoon,
Jeera-half a tablespoon(Cumin seeds),
one tablespoon of salt,
half a tablespoon of red chilli powder,
half a tablespoon of lime juice,
Three tablespoon of ghee.
Curd-250gms,
Water-one cup.
Boiled egg for garnish.
Mix all the ingredients together with lamb in an appropriate utensil ,add the cup of water and cover it with the par-boiled rice.Cover the utensil and seal the cover all around with wheatflour doe to make sure that no steam escapes.
Put it on fire for twenty minutes and bingo! there you have a subtlely delicious hyderbadi biryani straight from the Khan masha's kitchen.Amazing how perfect the  result is.
Also finished reading a book by Tanish khair.
Liked a quote in it-'Did I tell you when I decided not to play piano professionally?One day I knew it was not for me.That was when my third grade piano teacher told me that I had  a perfect pitch.I knew then that I had no future in music.Perfection condemns you to glorious mediocrity.It is the gap in between your perfections ,honestly faced,and your desire for something beyond perfection that you can achieve genious.Perfect pitch,perfect life.....these are dead ends.'-Makes sense to me...I need to mull over this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands