Skip to main content

Bollywood trying to pump some sense into the mass.

Yesterday was friday.My friends invited me to accompany them to a

movie,a comedy called 'Oh my God'.It was in a predominantly Indian

settlement half an hours drive from the city of London.It was a bollywood

movie with Paresh Rawail .Supposedly a comedy,Paresh Rawail ,normally

carries a movie well on his shoulders.I liked the movie.

It was a satire directed against religion of any form.For a country like India

it was almost revolutionary.It infact challenges the audience to actually

think and make an informed choice.It denounces temples and any form of

rituals and even idols!!

It infact,challenges the audience to read the Holy scriptures and understand

it whether it be Gita,Bible or a Koran.It talks about becoming a friend of

God.

I thought to myself-"It is atleast a step forward."

It ended with a quote from Gita which sounded like "You shall know the

truth and truth shall make you free"

I for one would like to say Amen to that.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands