Skip to main content

Jesus-the name that is sweeter than any other!

When I first came to the UK and started working for the trust,I remember a 94 year old lady with a AMT of ten requesting me to pray for her.Even as I did I started weeping.
Yesterday I was busy talking to another patient when I was called over to another bed-side by the patient there.
She was the same gracious  lady,brought in with uncontrolled sugar again.Two of her daughters were by her bed-side and she told me 'Do you remember me?You prayed for me the last time I was here.How are you?Have you settled in?I told her I was finishing in September and going back home ,to which she said ,'God has blessed you with a different touch.God bless you,'
Everytime I pass by her bed ,I look to see how she is getting on and she seems to be doing fine always surrounded by her family.
Today I had a cranky patient-in his sixties,with metastatic prostate disease,spastic paraplegia(post-VZV),bad  decubites ulcer and extremely unhappy.Apparently had a wife and two sons but lived separately.
The moment I saw him there was a tirade of complaints and it went on and on continuously.I was a little upset with the family for abandoning him but after half an hour at his bed-side I began to understand why.
He had this intermittent spastic spasms for which he was on baclofen.He had one while I was there and he let out a 'Jesus!'when he had it.I was not sure as to whether it was a swearing or a prayer but it brought me down-to earth with a bang.
I repented then for the irritation that was actually building up.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands