Skip to main content

Poor patient's fund.





Sanibai was rushed in to the OPD with a history of leaking PV with six months of Amenorrhoea.They had been reffered to Seoni by the government hospital in Lakhnadon. In dire strait of emergency they had thought of the mission as a last resort.She was losing a lot of fluid PV but the foetus was recording a strong heart beat.We resorted to treat her conservatively and wait.
They already had three children and the husband, a stammering gentleman was acutely concerned about his wife’s health and kept insisting we abort the baby.We were treating her with antibiotics and hoping somehow the leak would seal off.
They have an acre of land in the village where they earn around ten thousand rupees annually so to supplement for it they work as migrant labourers in the towns where they earn around r7upees 150 per day but in the village they only earn Rs 100 per day.
We were in a real delimna.We sent the patient for an ultrasound and the ultrasound showed a viable foetus of 1.5 Kgs.However they were in no mood to keep the baby so we struck a deal with them .We told them that we would operate and take out the baby,do a tubectomy for her and nurse the baby till the baby started breastfeeding but they would have to stick around till the baby was out of our care and take the baby home with them and that we would not charge them anything for the services rendered.They agreed.
We operated and took out a 1.6 k
g beautiful baby boy,small but active crying lustily,did her tubectomy and then when we showed the baby to the relatives they looked excited .They were willing to take the baby to Seoni to keep him in an incubator.We arranged for transport.
Today we discharged the patient and have asked her to come back on the 11th of March for stitch removal and if possible with the baby.
We could do this boldly because we have some funds kept aside for poor patients.
We thank our Lord Jesus for the grace He gave us in managing this patient.
A week later they walk into our out-patient today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands