Skip to main content

Jenny,the sunflower and the miracle of life ..

Three days in a row, a helicopter through rain and sun is scouring the banks of Teesta for something.My mother thinks that they must be searching for some clue about something that the rain might have washed in from the hills above.She sadly concluded that it might be personals.It has been raining like the monsoons in between the sun and even bouts of hail.
Last saturday we had planted a host of sun-flowers and the sprouts had come out beautifully .We were at uncle's for lunch when it started raining cats and dogs.Monda's Jenny, a healthy egg-laying chicken ,which is living on her roof-top ,a butt of a lot of jokes, was frightened to the core.Even as the rains started getting out of control ,Monda was on the rooftop equally out of sorts ,lamenting about her country chicken ,Jenny settled itself on a ledge on the other side of the roof.She had to call Diki to rescue her chicken even as we ran heltor-skeltor ,which she did masterfully.
The chicken which apparently was a present from one of the cousins ,was meant to be on the plate in one of the meals but Monda decided to christian it Jenny and much to uncle's discomfort she is steadily becoming one of the family.
We remembered the sun-flower seedlings while it rained river and hail so the first thing I checked when I reached home were the saplings.
They had braved the rain and were proudly bobbing it's head in the mild breeze.
The next morning my mother reiterated that it was the plum tree under which it lay which had faced the storm and sheltered the sun-flower seedlings which in no way could have survived the storm.Another week and the saplings should be ready to be replanted onto the ground,amazing lessons of life and beautiful too.
Everyday I learn so much about the birds and bees.When I sit out in the verandah with my parents,my mother spots birds of different species and talks about the various birds ,plants and flowers in her garden.The day before,just within five minutes she brought my attention to three different species of birds on a tree nearby,all of which looked exotic.
Nature, much like the Holy spirit ,has its healing presence which needs a lot of care and mindful presence to actually enjoy its companionship.Much like a miracle that takes your heart by surprise ,I like a child understand now the preciousness of all these and greedily soak in it while I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands