Skip to main content

My phone saga.


My phone saga says a lot of things about me.I have had my share of mobile telephones since the contraption is become available in the Indian market.That could go back well above a decade.
There are few of them that is engraved in my mind forever.
One of my earlier phone was a nokia 1000.It was supposed to be known for it's toughness and was one of the cheapest phones available.
I have this fantastic tendency to drop things from my hand from time to time.
Everyone and their brother used to watch in stunned silence as my phone used to drop from my hand and used to get seperated into six different pieces.While they looked on in concern I used to give them a smile and pick up the pieces,put them together and get on with my life.The phone suited me.It was capable of receiving umpteen number of official calls I used to make and get while I was in Satbarwa.
One of the memories I have is of one of my professors in the UK sitting in the car chaffeuring me and patiently putting the pieces of my phone together even as it dropped into the six pieces I was now familiar with but they were not.I just unabashedly smiled through it.
The nokia 1000 did not ditch me,one fine day after six years of scandalising everyone and their brother I decided to graduate to other weaker charectered phones.
I don't remember much about any of them till I bought this piece of Samsung which has stayed with me for sometime.I think I bought it when I was in ,'I don't know where?'A delicate piece it has gone through it's own share of sheer drops.One fine day the screen cracked but the touch screen continued to work.The battery was old and was swollen at places.A dangerous affair till a cousin of mine fed up of not being able to get through to me changed the battery.I carried on with it .The glass chips started falling off but it continued to work.While I was in England Anu was fed up with it.She used to have a hard time getting through to me.At the back of my mind I had long given up on my phone but since it was still working I just held on to it.
It was with no heartache and a little bit of relief I bid farewell to my faithful phone on a travel to Siliguri when it fell into the toilet.
I needed a phone and my brother picked one up for me from Sachin's store in Mangan,a Samsung model,modern enough for me to play around with it's various contraptions.
I write this blog to commemerate it's first drop from my hand this morning.The delicate thing does not have a single scratch as yet and is serving me well this past few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands