Skip to main content

Ode to the season.

Christmas is fast approaching and so is the winter with it's delicious sun and sickening cold that gets to your bones in Varanasi.We are at it ,practising the Christmas choir,Sharon is taking us through the rigours of vocal exercise-basically, teaching us to sing.
.I am also doing some oil-painting with a lot of inspiration from my sister .My first painting is done for now but I am told that the final bit is to wax it which I am yet to do after it dries out.I enjoy it but the finger painting takes the cake.

It's been a season of grace all through.I am hoping to travel home for Christmas which at the moment seems a little far-fetched with last minute changes in plan.I have my ticket booked and ready.
Was dreaming of cooking the Christmas dinner at home this year but I will leave it at that at the moment.
Winters are wonderful at home with clear blue sky,oranges a plenty, sun, Christmas, family,fire and the list goes on...
Work is lighter but with the juniors down with various engagements I find myself comfortably engaged doing caeserian sections,seeing patients which have spilled over from commercial hospitals and people who seem to fleece them to dozen and then they finally think of the qualified doctors like us.
Just feel like writing an ode to the season as I see it at the moment.
  

Is it Christmas yet?

Is it Christmas yet?with Christmas lights. stars out and fleeces of cotton, cakes gallore.
Is it Christmas yet? with a tree on fire ,friends and family coming together,
Is it Christmas yet? ,celebrations at hand,choir,drama,dinner and shaking of hands.
Is it Christmas yet?the Christmas message of Hope,Joy and Warmth that Bethleham evokes.
Is it Christmas yet?Is there place in the inn,the hearth warm with fire?
Is it Christmas yet?the cradle clean and ready,with warm blankets and heating.
Is it Christmas yet?Mary is tired and in need of some  rest.
Is it Christmas yet?Joseph could do with 
a warm cup of tea.
Is it Christmas yet?the shepherds are out with their flocks by the hill-side,,,
Is it Christmas yet ?The Angels rehearse ...for the umpteenth time.
Is it Christmas yet?The three wise-men with gifts in their hand  follow the star.
Is it Christmas yet?In the poor man's plate,the prison and the destitute.
 Is it Christmas yet?Christ is born in Bethleham.





Comments

Wonderful Thank you for the information is very very important useful for us all .Take the 24 hours time also to here, because you all will get very interesting information.Clipping Path Service details.Thanks for You Sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands