Skip to main content

Cullen's sign....virchow's gland and calcified pericardium..

Has been an interesting one month.I am getting to see some text book cases which I have never seen in my twenty years of practise. The other day I saw a lady who had a palpable Virchow's gland with Cullen's sign .She has been sent for lymph node biopsy and a CT Chest and abdomen.

The lady had been admitted with very severe jaundice and altered sensorium but turned out to have Scrub typhus .She responded well to Doxycycline.The jaundice cleared and she hop-skipped into the OPD for a review.She was eating well and looking well so I thought I would have a quick lookover although she was asymptomatic.I had suspected something may be amiss while she was admitted and had requested a colleague to do an USG since her jaundice was predominantly direct hyperbilirubinemia .It did not flag a concern but this morning I decided to review the case in detail before I gave her a thumbs up sign and there it was two sinister looking markers defying all clinical status.It was my first Cullen's sign in my twenty years carrier.

I have also been seeing a spate of pericardial effusions with features of constrictive pericardites.Saw a few calcified pericardiums which I had seen last during my post-graduate days in Oddanchattram.The wealth of cases that come in .

I need to be more vigilant about recording some of the findings.

Spent the morning talking to my dear cousin in New Zealand .She had a harvest of turmeric from a few pieces she had planted carelessly. It was lovely catching up with her.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands