Skip to main content

These days..



 I am down with a bad bout of viral illness.Have not had conjunctivites forever and having had my flu vaccine ,I have hardly had flu-like symptoms for close to a decade.Suddenly yesterday my sister noted that my eyes were red and today I have a full fledged eye symptoms.I have my dark glasses on ,so to avoid drama. I am trying to make my public appearance as less as possible.

Early morning I got called to see my cousin who was down with  pain abdomen.I took her to the casualty and was joined by another cousin who had a pain in the right hypochondrium.It all started at six in the morning and by the time we rounded up it was around eight thirty.Reached home just to find that it was a full house there too .A little caught up for a sunday morning.

The war in Ukraine is appalling to say the least.For this time and age, wierd would be the word.It is very difficult to understand the dynamics but the sheer proportion of refugees and war victims leave one's mind numb.Is there a need for such violence?One of my seniors who seems to be actively involved in the refugee rehabilitation seems to be anticipating a chemical attack.

We ,as christians ,need to pray responsibily.One night I dreamt of being in a war-zone.I found myself waking up in spurts in my dream and making a dash for safe areas.By midnight when I was fully awake I was tired but slightly more sensitive.Apart from that ,the Lord has been putting a burden in my heart to pray for the war-torn refugees and victims.'Remember them that are in bonds as bound to them ;and them which suffer  adversity ,as being yourselves also in the body'.{Hebrews 13 vs 3.}

Spring is come to Mangan and I am grateful that I get to enjoy these days at home with my mother and my siblings.We got a few hands to build a coop for the poultry which was long due.One understands ,there is always something to do in a farm if one is really interested.I spend the better part of saturday picking brocolli and lettuce in the morning,seperating pumpkin seed and setting it to dry,cleaning the glass house,making ginger ,chilli and lemon pickle on popular demand,and simple errands around the house.

Holidays are meant for catching up on the home front.I try to do as much as I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

night-hunting.

 Monda suggested  we go  hunting. Dressed up to beat the rains and the unpredictable weather we ventured out at night with the two Dawas. Annie had baked a cake for Rumpanol.It started  pouring in spurts but nothing could beat the enthusiasm.The junior Dawa was to drive us to a place around fifteen kilometres up the north Sikkim highway.We would come across three rivulets of sort where we could possibly find the edible frog.The senior Dawa was already at the spot making a pathway in the jungle for us to proceed. We reached the spot at around eight at night.in the pitch dark one could hear the sound of frogs of all variety and we started seeing quite a few but none of edible variety.We shuffled around in the rain with an umbrella,raincoat and torches like Nancy drew exploring the grasses and having eye contacts with stunned frogs which seemed to have lost the ability to run .The two boys did a Tarzen and was lost in the jungle with a sling bag ,a torch sans any cover from the rain.While

Feet in the water.

  Fifteen days of earned leave after working for two years,I was praying in a house group prayer and worship and pleading with the Lord to show me something ,when it was not forthcoming I surrendered to the Lord and prayed let your will be done and then I saw the Lord walking up a winding road and deep in my spirit I knew He was calling me to follow Him .I did not know where to but I thanked the Lord and said yes. I have been living more in the unseen world than the seen world. Suddenly out of the blue I received a message from Dr Arpit asking me to replace them in Madhipura  for a  fortnight. I needed to go because things were getting a little intense and I needed sometime to step back and mull some things over. I had no idea why the Lord was taking me back to the old world of EHA , mission hospitals and friends from the yore. Travelling to Madhipura , I  continnued to ask the Lord, 'Why this road? I had no idea why I was going  where I was going.I am glad I came because I could r

Thank you.

 After almost five months of struggling with the nitty gritties the dialysis unit opened last week. We were able to dialyse our set of first three patients over the last few days. So much of effort,dissapointments ,struggles,joys and most importantly prayers have gone into the venture.Many who will never see the fruit of their prayers have invested their prayers into it. The day it started with many apprehension I was praying at the early morning hour and put my head on the pillow to rest and then just as I was about to sleep I saw a vision of Jesus on His knees interceding.That is how much my Lord cares for us and this morning while listening to Alistair I realised that He deals with us like a father does a five year old .That is how He sees us. Lord Jesus ,you are the crown on my head and the only thing I can take pride in.