Skip to main content

Let's play

RUTH-A Musical.

CHORUS

In the days when the judges ruled Israel
There was dearth in the land
Ebimelech and his wife Noami
Ventured to Moab with the clan.
The man died ,his sons married
Oprah and Ruth of Moab.
Soon after all that was left
Were three widows abroad to cope.

“These children of the promised land
Wandering and as lost in the sea
Three widows in a foreign sand
The future looked bleak as can be.”



Noami to the daughters-

My daughters, I return
To the country that is my God’s
I leave you now to fire the kilns
For lives that are your own
Go forth with my blessings
To your kind to live as you should choose
Go forth and may the lord bless you
For all that you loosed.

Ruth-


‘Do not ask me to leave you
Or turn back from following you;
For wherever you go I will go;
For wherever you lodge I will lodge,
Your people shall be my people,
And your God my God.
Where you die ,I will die,
And there will I be buried.
The lord do so to me ,and more also,
If anything but death parts you and me.’

Crowd at home-

Is this Noami ….mumbling..


Noami-

Do not call me Noami..
Call me Mara
For God’s hand have been
Heavy upon me.
I went away full
And I come back empty.
The lord has afflicted me.


Chorus-

Boaz,Boaz,man of the world
Boaz,Boaz a catch of the yore
A kinsman ,a redeemer
A man of gold
Boaz ,Boaz owner of land
Boaz ,Boaz an honourable man.


Boaz-


Lo! Who is that gleaning
In my field
So calm,so sure,so right
Lo!Who is that gleaning
In my field
So angelic and mild
Isn’t it Ruth my kinsman
Whose life is a testimony
Isn’t it Ruth my kinsman
Who could be mine by right
This is my land you glean at hand,
My men,my crop,my vine
Take of whats left as of the books
Stay to my side of the land.


Noami-

Where did you glean today my child
Where did you glean today
Bless the lord ,bless him girl
For the man you worked for
Is your kinsman redeemer
Bless the lord ,for his kindness
To the living and the dead
Boaz is the security
I seek for you
Wash yourself ,anoint yourself
Put on your best garments.
You will meet him at the threshing floor
Where he resides tonight


Chorus-

Ruth went as noami instructed
To take what was hers to claim
She threw her cloak at the feet of promise
Yet remained without a blame

Boaz took up the cloak from his feet
And as upright as he could be
Had got to the heart of the matter
Before the end of the day

Boaz wed Ruth
Ruth claimed the promise-
promise of the children of God
Boaz wed Ruth
Ruth beget Obed,
Obed to Jesse ,then David
This upright lady ,an outcaste of sorts
Met Christ by the virtue of lineage
This upright lady
A foreigner by birth
Had a life worth God’s spoken message.

Chorus-

Boaz ,Boaz ,man of the world
Boaz ,Boaz a catch of the yore
A kinsman ,a redeemer
A man of gold
Boaz ,Boaz owner of land
Boaz ,Boaz an honourable man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feet in the water.

  Fifteen days of earned leave after working for two years,I was praying in a house group prayer and worship and pleading with the Lord to show me something ,when it was not forthcoming I surrendered to the Lord and prayed let your will be done and then I saw the Lord walking up a winding road and deep in my spirit I knew He was calling me to follow Him .I did not know where to but I thanked the Lord and said yes. I have been living more in the unseen world than the seen world. Suddenly out of the blue I received a message from Dr Arpit asking me to replace them in Madhipura  for a  fortnight. I needed to go because things were getting a little intense and I needed sometime to step back and mull some things over. I had no idea why the Lord was taking me back to the old world of EHA , mission hospitals and friends from the yore. Travelling to Madhipura , I  continnued to ask the Lord, 'Why this road? I had no idea why I was going  where I was going.I am glad I came because I could r

night-hunting.

 Monda suggested  we go  hunting. Dressed up to beat the rains and the unpredictable weather we ventured out at night with the two Dawas. Annie had baked a cake for Rumpanol.It started  pouring in spurts but nothing could beat the enthusiasm.The junior Dawa was to drive us to a place around fifteen kilometres up the north Sikkim highway.We would come across three rivulets of sort where we could possibly find the edible frog.The senior Dawa was already at the spot making a pathway in the jungle for us to proceed. We reached the spot at around eight at night.in the pitch dark one could hear the sound of frogs of all variety and we started seeing quite a few but none of edible variety.We shuffled around in the rain with an umbrella,raincoat and torches like Nancy drew exploring the grasses and having eye contacts with stunned frogs which seemed to have lost the ability to run .The two boys did a Tarzen and was lost in the jungle with a sling bag ,a torch sans any cover from the rain.While

Thank you.

 After almost five months of struggling with the nitty gritties the dialysis unit opened last week. We were able to dialyse our set of first three patients over the last few days. So much of effort,dissapointments ,struggles,joys and most importantly prayers have gone into the venture.Many who will never see the fruit of their prayers have invested their prayers into it. The day it started with many apprehension I was praying at the early morning hour and put my head on the pillow to rest and then just as I was about to sleep I saw a vision of Jesus on His knees interceding.That is how much my Lord cares for us and this morning while listening to Alistair I realised that He deals with us like a father does a five year old .That is how He sees us. Lord Jesus ,you are the crown on my head and the only thing I can take pride in.