Skip to main content

FINDING A HOME FOR BABITA!!

I was called to the casualty by my colleague to manage a hysterical lady who had landed up in the casualty .Scantily dressed but well maintained Babita was a lady who seemed clearly in a mess with a cut wound in the hand .By the time I reached her she seems to be blabbering one two dozen of incoherrant words.
I sat with her for sometime trying to calm her down after which she sort of managed to express herself …there were accusations,an attempt to commit suicide,drugs,…but beyond that a desperate clinging to the name above all names.That had brought her stumbling to Lehmann Hospital…looking for some sort of acceptance which she called justice.
She had not eaten for four days and had not slept for she did not know how long.She was addicted to alprazolam and proxyvon..but at the moment she just needed some kind of acceptance.I talked to her,prayed with her and with Helen taking the initiative we decided to go searching for some kind of relative who could support her.She had been kicked out from her lodging place so she had nowhere to go.We traced out an uncle of hers who flatly refused to take her in..after a breezy night’s drive through the town we brought her back to the casualty.She barely ate any food..accepted some tea from time to time..ate a few morsals and then slept through the fortwin haze…….
The next morning Helen was out searching for a place for her in different homes in and around Dehra.Finally she settled matters with a secular home which was the only place which was willing to take her in.She flatly refused to go to any other place than a Christian one….She said she would prefer to go back to her now non-existant home.
Sitting down to talk to her about the facts of life as it stood then ,she finally agreed to stay in this place for a month after which she could be shifted to the missionaries of charity.
Tomorrow we take her down to Dehra…….
Brought to memory a lady I met in a metro in Delhi….seemed equally disturbed but was desperately clinging on to her mobile’s ear-phone listening to gospel music which was only too clearly audible to all of us……Yeshu naam me milti hai shifa….!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands