Skip to main content

"Appreciating the flowers in the garden inspite of the broken gate"

"Courtesy is appreciating the flowers in the garden inspite of the broken gate"-this quote caught my attention while flipping through the critical care text written by Dr George John from Vellore.
It strangely touched my heart and set me thinking.....and I wondered whether I could replace the word 'courtesy' with 'christianity'.
However when courtesy is replaced by the word christianity the verb goes much beyond appreciation...may be the verb ' loving' would give justice to it,or may be not.....
I was actually mentally going through Christ's ministry on earth and it struck me that all the gardens Christ entered during His earthly ministry had broken gates.The ultimate gate,the Christ himself, was broken for you and me.Had He remained whole we would have never made it.
The essence of christianity is brokenness-'the bread being broken to feed you and me'.
To follow a man who had no place to lay his head,to be a disciple of a wounded healer......... to see beyond the broken gates to the beauty of the flowers in the garden just as God sees us beyond our brokenness ,the image of His most beloved and perfect son bearing the mark of the nail in His hands just that I could be made whole.
The very point where I disqualify is what qualifies me.
Thank you Lord for my brokenness.It is a precious gift you have given me but only next to You .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands