Skip to main content

Nothing missing ,nothng broken!

I was counselling a boisterous 14 year old who had consumed her father's Atenolol one too many and had presented to the casualty.She survived the episode and I survived her the next day because she was not the run  of the mill crowd you come across in mission hospitals.She was in St.Mary's.Her hobby was singing and reading books.She gave me a sterling performance of a 'My name is Khan',title song.I got talking with her and generally asked her what she has been reading lately and what sort of books she liked.She told me without blinking her eye that she had liked a book titled 'I am broke,love me'-by an indian author whose name I did not catch.
I wondered what she understood by the word broke so I asked her and she told me that breaking was if the glass on my table fell on the ground and it broke into peices...that was breaking.
I was waiting for an important phonecall the other night on the lookout for those elusive vodafone lines in the HCH corridors,when I started turning the pages of an old notebook I had hastily picked up incase I needed to put in some information.My eyes fell on a line I had hastily scribbled perhaps in one of the bible studies one of my mentors must have taken.
It read-"Nothing missing-nothing broken!"sounded familiar...often they just stick a picture of some glasses implying ...fragile!!!.The next line brought sense to the phrase in the notebook.It read....
"He went missing from heaven and got broken for you and me so that we could be whole". 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands