Skip to main content

Is what we are doing enough?

The quality of lab services we provide has to go beyond the rhetorics.The backbone of every hospital and clinical pratice is the laboratory .We have to admit that lab services remain one of our weakest points.When it remains weak,slowly the quality of medical services provided become more provisional and we remain limited in the range of medical services we can provide well. We can never think of improving our lab service till by some miracle some specialist pops into our hospital,decides to stay back and the hospital gives it the necessary backing.

It is extremely mandatory that each lab personal undergo one to one evaluation at a regular interval.That keeps one on their toes.

Apart form the quality control measures which apparently has been introduced in all the hospitals ,the lab continues to be a problem area.One time generalised training and workshop for the personals DO NOT HELP.After attending umpteen number of seminars and workshops they go back to the same way of working.One is yet to see a definate change take place.

This same rule goes for every other personal working in the mission hospital.When I decided to come to England for a year of acute medicine ,one constant line I often heard was 'What one learns in England will be of no use for the mission hospitals we go back to.'

I found these statements highly irritating for one,but did not bother to correct them .But the more medicine I learn here ,the more I wonder if I have done justice to my patients in the hospital I have worked in.With the limited facilities available we have done our best but at the end of the day we are talking about equitable health-care.Unless we know what the patients in the first world get, how are we going to strive towards getting as much for the least of us.

We are serving in the name of the King of Kings but we often serve and take pride in the fact that we don't act like it.

Abstinence on a personal front is commendable but not JUST when we are abstemious towards the service of those very people who give us the identity we so seem to covet.The poor deserve the best ,especially when we claim to do it in the name of Him,who is the end of quality,beyond compare.Our utmost for His highest! Do we stand?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands