Skip to main content

off to London to see the queen!

A week before the trip to London was a mixed bag.My sister was given a MCQ to solve by my older sister.Is she excited about the journey or is she nervous?she opted for the latter which is not quite true but I surprised myself with the number of health issues that actually came through the last week.
After starting the trip I was into it,and had no time to reflect at all.
Emirates was a pleasant surprise especially the service.Airports look all the same,Dubai was no different.
Landed in London in the morning.Worked my way to Elizabeth's house.Rested,showered,lunched  and it was off to RCP and GMC.Naa noi,who has been communicating with me thus far was a surprise.Her name sounded oriental but it was a beautiful black lady,as compassionate as she sounded in her communication who greeted me,guided me and looked after my luggage even as I went to the GMC for my id check.
Londoners get full points in the art of helping strangers.I had all sorts of people lugging my 30kg suitcase though the underground,et al.Some of them looked wee smaller then myself but were I guess stronger.
Reached Basildon at around five in the evenng.
Providence had my accomodation ready.I couldn't wait to hit the bed.After a quick dinner I was off to the dreamland sleeping off my jet lag.
The next day I worked through the personals and I join work on Monday.
Met a few people from dear India.Put faces to the names I had been communicating with.
As soon as the communication got through received letters from Dr Binks,Dr Richard.
Dr Richard and Anne are planning a trip through Essex..I look forward to meeting them.He had also copied out a bible study site on revelations for me.
Dr Binks was meticulous in the detailed directions and organising he had done .It struck me afresh how good a clinician he was because of this quality.His two paged letter was better than any guidebook one can lay hold of.
Tomorrow I guess I would have to go church hunting although Dr Binks has already connected me to a CMF i/c.here.
Like I told Naa,..'I'll find my way..Naa,..don't worry....I always do..!
I will  or  to be exact  'God will!'-He always does.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands