Skip to main content

Coming through.

In my short time in the new region where I have worked I have wondered often how people meander about the paraphenalia with all it's implications to be effective in their ministries.We know they are effective because we see the fruits.Everytime our goodman came to the out-patient he always had a most wretched patient brought in for medication.It would be a destitute,a lunatic,a schizophrenic.Everytime he would have a positive report about the well-being of the patients often attributed to prayers.
One day he was in the out-patient giving us an update about his work.I had had a busy night and the day was busy.I was impatient but was trying my best to curb my baser instincts and practise politeness.Suddenly a gentleman entered the out-patient with another patient who had fever.
Our man was greeted with effusive  enthusiasm.When the patient had been dealt with and the duo left ,our good man shared how he knew this gentleman.Apparently he was one of those village practitioners.He had heard of our good man and therefore had one day come searching for him.His son who was apparently well qualified was not landing a job so he wanted our man to pray for him.Our goodman  put it in simple words.We prayed and he not only got a job but also came first in the interview.I was deeply touched and reminded of the three men in the book of Daniel who were put through fire and how Nebuchddnezzar saw the fourth man ,'the son of man ' is how he puts it.
I have often wondered how these good men and women were getting through fire unscathed in the field . I realised that 'the Lion of Judah ' was coming through for them .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands