Skip to main content

New year...




I have been home to Mangan to spend time with family and friends.
Whilst at home I had the privellage to attend an old aunt's funeral.She was ready to be with the Lord which was nice.The pastor preached a matter of fact sermon .
At home I missed Mom's birthday and the carol services due to the constraints at the hospital but was in time for the family christmas dinner.
My sister is got into oil painting and she is doing some great work .This morning she sent us a painting of flowers she had painted with a actual live butterfly hovering on it so she did not need to be complimented for it.
I am back in the campus covering for the juniors who are away preparing to give NEET and one of them awaiting for a new arrival,alternating with Dr Dinesh our resident surgeon.Calls are not busy because it is winters but we do get some sick patients.
I am yet to really sit down and meditate on the new year and the resolutions,,,,surprisingly I feel the need to make one this year.I could touch down in Delhi and meet my sister,thanks to the flight schedules which were haywire due to the fog in the country.
Awaiting the already much delayed flight was quite an education.I could over hear youngsters lambesting the state of the country and yet discuss the UPSC preparations they all seem to be in different stages in.
One of them started the conversation by blaming  the current government for making a mess of everything.There was a momentary silence,a telling  pause, before he clarified that he was a kashmiri brahmin and then all of them relaxed and started lambesting the government together.
We awaited a cool seven hours in the airport,the shops doing brisk business with people doing their breakfast ,lunch and dinner in the food mart but at the end of the day ,all the docile passengers had to say was 'atleast it did not get cancelled.'
As the pilot announced ,the flight got cancelled due to circumstances beyond their control,people were being turned back from the airport.Everyone including the crew were glad to be where they were supposed to be .Nobody wanted to spend the last days of the year in the airport,I suppose.
Today is the 2nd of January and I am yet to sit back and draw a resolution for the new year.At the moment I am just grateful to have a hot meal on the plate and an uninterrupted sleep by God's grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands