Skip to main content

These days...



One wisecrack going around in the net said ,’everyone is happy with the Delhi election results .AAP is happy they won,Congress is happy BJP got a drubbing and BJP is happy because Congress lost its deposits in most constituencies.’
AAP’s hattrick had a lot to do with the work it has done but also the smart election communication.Credit has to be given to Prashant Kishore as well.
I have been in the heartland for a little over a year I am yet to see a clear intent in the political parties that run for election in these places.Most of India has become comfortable with getting votes for rhetoric’s and other dynamics and once in power they seem to lose their bearing completely.
It took a practical IIT graduate to actually lay down a road map for different kind of politics to resonate with the public.My hunch is that the huge amount of fund used for the publicity of the work done helped.
India still has a large population of people who blindly follow maverick godmen who end up in jails.So much to be said about the public that when the dark deeds are out in the open they continue to follow them.
In the last elections ,like I normally do ,I spoke to a lot of people..Ordinary ,salt of the earth folks ....they seemed so full of aspiration and hope as they voted for the current government.On and off I am at awe of some pertinant issues they seem to address.
One of the issues that has come through recently is that of the old people in families being entitled to be looked after.They have addressed a major issue which is relevant in these parts  but I am yet to see anyone being penalised for it.
The other day I saw a news clip which said that some kind of control was in order for insecticide production.It brought me immense joy.
I take a lot of time on purpose to take sides.Politics is a messy game.There are no black and white ,and grey remains grey for all it is worth.
Power is such a flimsy thing here today ,gone tomorrow and then one has all of  history that will forever judge you.
I remember a greeting card my mom received from one of her children. ,’I pass through this world but once,whatever good I can do let me do it.’
May it be so for the power brokers of the land and for the sake of the billion poor .I don’t care whether you are left or right but one”s intent needs to be stellar after all it has to pass through fire and God is no respecter  of persons.




.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feet in the water.

  Fifteen days of earned leave after working for two years,I was praying in a house group prayer and worship and pleading with the Lord to show me something ,when it was not forthcoming I surrendered to the Lord and prayed let your will be done and then I saw the Lord walking up a winding road and deep in my spirit I knew He was calling me to follow Him .I did not know where to but I thanked the Lord and said yes. I have been living more in the unseen world than the seen world. Suddenly out of the blue I received a message from Dr Arpit asking me to replace them in Madhipura  for a  fortnight. I needed to go because things were getting a little intense and I needed sometime to step back and mull some things over. I had no idea why the Lord was taking me back to the old world of EHA , mission hospitals and friends from the yore. Travelling to Madhipura , I  continnued to ask the Lord, 'Why this road? I had no idea why I was going  where I was going.I am glad I came because I could r

night-hunting.

 Monda suggested  we go  hunting. Dressed up to beat the rains and the unpredictable weather we ventured out at night with the two Dawas. Annie had baked a cake for Rumpanol.It started  pouring in spurts but nothing could beat the enthusiasm.The junior Dawa was to drive us to a place around fifteen kilometres up the north Sikkim highway.We would come across three rivulets of sort where we could possibly find the edible frog.The senior Dawa was already at the spot making a pathway in the jungle for us to proceed. We reached the spot at around eight at night.in the pitch dark one could hear the sound of frogs of all variety and we started seeing quite a few but none of edible variety.We shuffled around in the rain with an umbrella,raincoat and torches like Nancy drew exploring the grasses and having eye contacts with stunned frogs which seemed to have lost the ability to run .The two boys did a Tarzen and was lost in the jungle with a sling bag ,a torch sans any cover from the rain.While

Thank you.

 After almost five months of struggling with the nitty gritties the dialysis unit opened last week. We were able to dialyse our set of first three patients over the last few days. So much of effort,dissapointments ,struggles,joys and most importantly prayers have gone into the venture.Many who will never see the fruit of their prayers have invested their prayers into it. The day it started with many apprehension I was praying at the early morning hour and put my head on the pillow to rest and then just as I was about to sleep I saw a vision of Jesus on His knees interceding.That is how much my Lord cares for us and this morning while listening to Alistair I realised that He deals with us like a father does a five year old .That is how He sees us. Lord Jesus ,you are the crown on my head and the only thing I can take pride in.