Skip to main content

Stranded in the station

The train from delhi reached two hours after mid-night.The station was a sea of humanity prostrate in the sweet world of dreams and beyond.I deb0arded,lugged my luggage to the exit and looked around for a familiar face come to receive me- there was none.I made a space for myself on the floor and sat on the steps while I called the hospital.The driver had slept off .It was an hour's drive away.I got myself a cup of sweet tea and sat down to enjoy it and the utter peace with a book by Ravi Zach.
I was deep into it when I noticed an old lady take a seat next to me.She was apparently my patient and was waiting for the dawn.She lived in the village next to mine.She gave me company for the moment.Tapeshwar came by an hour later-it seemed too short a time.We took the lady and her son to their village and got back to the hospital in the early hour of the morning.
There were several things that surprised me about myself.
1.I wasn't anxious when the expected was not forthcoming.
2.I enjoyed my time in the station in that wee hour of the morning -reading and talking to that simple village lady from Bakoria which I normally do but hadn't ever done at such an odd hour.
3.I wasn't irritated with Tapeshwar for sleeping off when he was to have been in time for my train especially when I was anticipating a busy day at work.
4. I found myself thanking the lord with a joy in my heart for the experience.
Now when did I change????

Comments

Famit said…
I always feel that for change to occur, one must be willing to change. After that , its all a process of transforming. Gee Pixie...wonder where your moult( isn't the snakeskin called that?) is? eh! Awesome read. Keep it up!!

Popular posts from this blog

Image of Christ.

 There is nothing more scarier than a heart that has hardened .I was talking to Mary the other day,infact weeping with her There is a deep restlessnessness inside.Thank God for it becuase it shows that I have not resigned myself to the way things are.I was telling her I miss the deep experience of seeing the image of Christ and the compassion of the Holy spirit which just used to overwhelm  my heart when I saw the image of Christ in people ,situation and the creation. What is the image of Christ?It is a body marred and maimed to bear the sin of the world.it is a voice that did not speak in protest against God the father,who actually planned it all before the creation of the world,not against the people who maimed Him ,flogged Him,drove the nails into His hands and feet to satisfy their sinful nature.The image of Christ is a body broken  to the utmost yet given to feed the very same people .It is a love that did not count the cost. I am a person who does not put too much v...

Till I finally reach Home...

I have made some sort of trend to do one solid thing every year of my life in Mangan post-EHA and un-beknowest I seem to have a knack for doing things almost subconciously. I learnt driving,started the dialysis unit,learning violen,built my building..atleast half is done....opened a shop and this season I could deliver christmas cakes  for sale to various families .It kept me busy and occupied. Each cake was a labour intensive but absorbing work.Almost like painting. Here is the result. I realise I delivered 11 cakes this season.But there is this restlessness again ....someday I will be home and I will rest.....till then..I am on the lookout for the next project,

embrace by the nail ridden hands